In 1884, Samuel Wood, a Marshall merchant built the home located at 215 East Rusk for his bride. It sits in the historic downtown district two blocks from the courthouse on the square. The home remained in the family until 1988 with the death of Wood’s daughter, Ruby at the age of 96.
The home contains four spacious guest bedrooms on the second floor that was added to the original structure in 1898-99. The home has two parlors and a dining room with seating for sixteen guests. A gazebo overlooks the garden and is the perfect place to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while enjoying an East Texas sunrise. We welcome your questions about Wisteria Garden.
The East Lake Room has an original 1918 bathroom renovation. It includes a large claw-footed tub that is perfect for a hot, relaxing bath.
A large bay window which over looks our garden. The window seats and antique chairs and sitting area.
The Fireplace is accented with blue tile and old wooden toys. It is perfect for ladies traveling together who want their own bed and for children.
Located in the front of the house, The Rose Room, has a decorative inlaid Queen bed with brass roses.
For comfortable, smaller quarters, ask about our Housekeepers room located towards the back of the Bed and Breakfast.
Guest waiting area on the 2nd floor